Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I have joined the ranks!

For the past couple of months I couldn't help but notice how many chess bloggers (mostly Knights) have come to mention FICS. I didn't really know what it was nor did I really care until about 2 hours ago when I did a google search for FICS. It turns out that FICS is exactly what I've been looking for! I'm so tired of having to pay stupid subscriptions to websites such as Playchess.com or ICC. I immediately signed up for an account (under SirNemo, naturally). I've played several games thus far and thanks to my lovely tactics training with the Seven Circles and my success with ICS, I've gained a stratospheric rating of 1809! Seems all this studying is starting to pay off after all!

Now that I have FICS, I'll refrain from playing on sites such as Pogo and Yahoo! cuz well.... they're a little ridiculous and the competition is, well, non-existant. I'm really glad I decided to find out what FICS was cuz now I'm a real happy camper. I hope to see, and maybe play, some of you other Knights on FICS soon! Let me know your handle(s)! That is all for now.

2 comments:

Dean said...

welcome aboard, it's improved my game a lot. i'd recommend the babaschess interface.

Sir Nemo said...

Dean, thanks! Believe it or not, I actually have the BabasChess interface. I looked at about 6 of them and found this one the nicest.