Sunday, December 23, 2007

Holiday Reading

I've taken a break from my studies so far this Holiday season. It, however, has not been completely counterproductive since I have found myself reading several amazing contributions to chess literature. Thus far I have found myself finishing "King's Gambit: A Father, A Son, And The World's Most Dangerous Game" as well as Garry Kasparov's "How Life Imitates Chess". Both books were very inspiring and I will give brief reviews about them shortly but first I want to say that I went out and added three more books to my collection:

1) The Kings Of New York

2) Play The Grunfeld

3) Rapid Chess Improvement

That last one might confuse some of you, being that I know all about the Seven Circles and such. Truth is, I've never owned the actual book and figured I would add it to my library. I really look forward to reading "The Kings Of New York" as it should be very similar to "King's Gambit" and Kasparov's book. Expect to see some reviews soon.

Now on to my progress with the circles. I've decided that I'm going to start over. I was moving much too quickly through the problems without putting real thought into the positions and now that I have a concrete study plan that I can follow, I'll start from the beginning. I probably won't be posting till after Jesus-day so I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!

No comments: