Monday, April 28, 2008

The biggest blunder ever!

Yeah that's right. I'm an idiot. This last Saturday was the 14th Annual Pir Maleki tournament which I was so incredibly excited for since about December. I was going to be carpooling with some buddies up to the tourney and I was going to meet them about 6:45am Saturday morning. I set my alarm for 4:50 but I didn't pay close enough attention and set it for 4:50pm. My fiancee woke me up around 7:00am and I was completely depressed I had missed the tournament.

It really hit me hard that I had missed it. I felt that the last few months were just a waste and Saturday was just a horrible day for me overall. I did, however, finish Circle 3 and start Circle 4. I'm very pleased with my Circle 3 results and incredibly impressed with my Circle 4 results thus far. It's hard now that I'm doing Circle 4 because of the volume of problems per day. It's rough when you work a full time job and also have to spend quality time with your significant other. I'm not complaining about either of those things because I need money, and I love spending time with my lady. It's just a little rough to spend so much time on chess tactics training at the moment. I know it's going to be worth it in the end as I will be much more tactically inclined.

Anywho, I don't really have much else to write about other than I've won several more No-Limit tournaments on Saturday. I figured since I wasn't playing chess, I might as well play some poker and clear my mind from my stupid mistake. Here's a pic of my Circle 3 results. Enjoi!

5 comments:

likesforests said...

Alfred: Why do we fall sir? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Keep the chess coming. You completed some circles, great! If you continue to work through the pain you will be much stronger come the next tourney.

"It's rough when you work a full time job and also have to spend quality time with your significant other."

It gets even trickier once you also have children! I've been experimenting with a more structured day. You know: 6:30am to 8:30am is exercise time, 9:30 to 11:30am is work time, 12:30pm to 2:30pm is chess time, etc. ;)

Sir Nemo said...

lol i really like your schedule. It seems nice. However, my schedule is like 8:00am-5:00pm is work time. Anytime after that is quality time with my pregnant fiance. So obviously the kids are coming soon! haha.

BlunderProne said...

It gets even tougher when you have 7 children and your one your third significant other. for instance:
http://blunderprone.blogspot.com/2007/09/breaking-cone-of-silence.html

I've learned to make the best of a situation. A wise man once said " through adversity lies opportunity." Looks like you found an opportunity. That's something to hold on to.

drunknknite said...

I've done this before, it sucks. Nothing you can really do about it but work hard for the next one. Sucks about Vegas... my FICS handle is kevingafni but I'm never really on there these days...

damourax said...

Hey pal, don't worry, other tournaments will follow! At least you have where to play, here I don't have any tournaments until next year ;)