Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm doing a little better.

So I'm a few days into Circle 3 and I have small progress. I finished Level 10 problems with 94% accuracy and Level 20 problems with 80% accuracy which is a pretty considerable amount better than my first circle. Other than that, I'm not really paying much attention to chess. I really need to get back into it like I used to be, but it's hard when I have poker on my mind.

Speaking of which, I won a freeroll tournament on Carbon Poker this last weekend. A freeroll is a no-limit tournament that you play for... well... FREE! The prize is a small amount of money to play on the site with. There was 668 players registered for the tourney; 2 hours and 43 minutes later, I was declared the winner for a hefty first place prize of $15! w00t! that's more money than I ever won playing in a chess tournament! haha. My goal is to turn $0 into $10,000. We shall see how that goes.

5 comments:

damourax said...

haha! Nice win on the poker tournament, it had a lot of players!

Keep up the good results!

The Caquetio Knight said...

Learn a man how to fish and he will eat everyday.!!

Glenn Wilson said...

Two words of advice on Poker: Bankroll Management.

Sir Nemo said...

Glenn W. - haha thanks for that, I have a pretty strict bankroll management scheme. I have been playing the $0.10/$0.20 low-limit games on Carbon and have since taken my $15 winnings up to $150.

Blue Devil Knight said...

Good luck with poker and the circles. Third circle, you are cranking along! Good to see someone doing the Circles old school. None of this CTS, PCT, CTB crap. Kick it like the big boys did with CT-Art!